[U-Boot] Issue with USB mass storage (thumb drives)

Diego diego.ml at zoho.com
Tue May 10 14:04:02 CEST 2016

In data mercoledì 4 maggio 2016 23:36:46, Marek Vasut ha scritto:
> On 05/04/2016 04:06 PM, Diego wrote:

> >> 1) with the quirk table would be the way to go, modern(ish) drives
> >> should work fine with 65535 .
> >
> > I personally can't see any improvement with more recent thumb drives,
> > quite the opposite.
> >
> > <snip>
> > Why are you saying modern(ish) drives should work?
>
> Hmmmmm :-(
>
> > For others following the thread, please post your experience, especially
> > with more recent drives (remember to test with files >16MB).
>
> I don't think it's really worth doing a thread about which sticks work
> and which don't. I would find it much more valuable to address this
> issue properly. I wonder if it would make sense to, instead of starting
> with a big value which might not work, start with a small(er) value and
> increase it with each subsequent block transfer. Quite similarly to what
> TCP does. Would you be willing to look into it ?

Hi Marek,

so your proposal is to ramp up transferred block size during transfer?
What's the rationale behind the proposal? In other words, why do you think it
will fix the problem?

Regarding implementing your proposal, it might take me very long to find some
time to dedicate to it, so if anybody else wants to step up before I look at
it, just raise your hand.

Bests,
Diego