[U-Boot] U-Boot 2016.03 on Altera Cyclone 5 SOCKIT

Nathan Barrett nathan.barrett at ndc.com
Thu May 12 22:11:00 CEST 2016

Hello All,

I'm trying to run U-Boot 2016 on a Terasic Cyclone 5 SoC Kit.  I've got everything running up to this point:

U-Boot SPL 2016.03 (May 12 2016 - 14:56:58)
../drivers/ddr/altera/sequencer.c: Preparing to start memory calibration
../drivers/ddr/altera/sequencer.c: CALIBRATION PASSED
../drivers/ddr/altera/sequencer.c: Calibration complete
Trying to boot from MMC
bad magic
SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

If I look at my generated u-boot-with-spl.sfp, at address 0x3FFF0, I can see that U-Boot is sitting there and starts with the proper magic number header (0x27051956).

This file is being placed onto my SD card via

#sudo dd if=u-boot-with-spl.sfp of=/dev/sdb3

I went ahead and added some debugging breadcrumbs as well:

U-Boot SPL 2016.03 (May 12 2016 - 15:27:36)
../drivers/ddr/altera/sequencer.c: Preparing to start memory calibration
../drivers/ddr/altera/sequencer.c: CALIBRATION PASSED
../drivers/ddr/altera/sequencer.c: Calibration complete
Trying to boot from MMC

---At line 37 of common/spl/spl_mmc.c ---
read sector a00, count=1
CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE = 1000040
sizeof(struct image_header) = 40
magic = dba5b8aa

bad magic
SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

Can anyone assist?

Thanks,

Nathan Barrett

confidentiality: This e-mail and its attachments are intended
for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have
come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor
must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this e-
mail and highlight the error.

Security Warning: Please note that this e-mail has been created
in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure
communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe
this lack of security when e-mailing us. Viruses: Although we
have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are
free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually
virus free.