[U-Boot] Remove sh2, sh3, sh4 architecture?

Kieran Bingham kieran at bingham.xyz
Tue May 17 11:24:06 CEST 2016

On 15 May 2016 at 00:19, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 18 October 2015 at 10:19, Masahiro Yamada
> <yamada.masahiro at socionext.com> wrote:

>>> I'd hate to see SH2 leave since it's becoming the J-Core architecture..
>>> Perhaps someone in the community would like to help out too?
>>
>> Agree.  Jeff talked about that at Dublin.
>>

> I haven't seen any activity. Does anyone have an update?

Hi Simon,

Yes - there is definitely activity. Jeff and Rob presented again at
ELC, San Diego, and gave out dev-boards (I have one) - and they are
starting a kick-starter project to get a RasperryPi form factor board
out with an FPGA to run the cores / development.

There is a working kernel and toolchain. I'd certainly hope U-Boot
support could be used in the future too.

http://j-core.org/roadmap.html is probably the most up-to-date plan
there is currently.

The current dev-board (a Numato FPGA) doesn't have USB or Ethernet,
but does have an SD Card, Perhaps uboot doesn't give much added value
there currently- but when the Kickstarter board comes out (there are
10 prototypes in existence already) that will have both USB and Eth -
so U-Boot will have much more appeal!

--
Regards

KIeran