[U-Boot] Azalia verb table from DT with Baytrail FSP

George McCollister george.mccollister at gmail.com
Fri May 20 17:05:43 CEST 2016

I'm working with an Advantech som-6867 (Baytrail com express CPU
module) and som-db5800 carrier board (with ALC892 HD audio codec) as
well as a custom carrier board (with CS4207 HD audio codec).

After adding DT entries for the correct HDA pad configuration, I got
the ALC892 working by hacking over ALC262 verb table in
arch/x86/cpu/baytrail/fsp_configs.c and am now investigating a
permanent solution.

I noticed in Bin's patchset titled "x86: fsp: Move platform-specific
config to chipset directory" his comment "But with this series, we are
now able to get Azalia verb table from device tree, just like what we
did for overriding UPD data configuration. This can be done in future
patch set."

I also however noticed Simon's conflicting comment in
arch/x86/cpu/baytrail/fsp_configs.c "This needs to be in ROM since if
we put it in CAR, FSP init loses it when it drops CAR."

Is it safe to move Azalia verb tables into DT for Baytrail FSP?

Regards,
George McCollister