[U-Boot] Release cycle thoughts

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Fri May 27 15:36:13 CEST 2016

Hey all,

So, when I said a few months back that we would try doing a 2 month
release cycle, I planned things out until the v2016.07 release, since
that coincided with the old schedule.  As I was looking at the
ReleaseCycle page today I didn't want to give anyone the wrong
impression so I've added in v2016.09 and v2016.11 (and updated the MW
for v2016.07 since 05 was late).

At this point I'm happy with the 2 month cycle.  Does anyone object and
think we should go back to 3 months?

If no one objects there, I'm pondering going up to monthly for 2017 with
release generally the first Monday of the month, RCs otherwise on
Monday.  Shorten the merge window to that first week.  But would make
planning time easier for everyone.

--
Tom