[U-Boot] x86: SPI-NOR (MTD): ACPI missing?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Oct 5 12:01:50 CEST 2016

Hi Bin,

On 05.10.2016 11:31, Bin Meng wrote:
> +ML since others may be interested in it
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de> wrote:
>> Hi Bin,
>>
>> I do have a quick questions for you:
>>
>> I'm currently trying to integrate the MTD SPI NOR support for
>> BayTrail. For this I've integrated this patch series on top
>> of v4.8:
>>
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/8/15/55
>
> Can you point me the v3 diffs? (like a patchwork link). From
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2016-June/068280.html,
> v2 patch does not use ACPI.

The link above is for v3 but it doesn't use ACPI, you are correct.

>> First tests show that the driver probe / init is not called
>> at all. Is my assumption correct that some ACPI code might be
>> missing in U-Boot so that the driver will get instantiated in
>> Linux? If yes, could you give me a quick hint, what might be
>> missing? Perhaps point to some other driver example that also
>> needs such ACPI code in the bootloader that you already
>> integrated?
>>

> It may be caused by a kernel config that does not include this driver.

Yes, of course the driver needs to get enabled. I've already done
this in my previous attempts. But somehow I missed something else -
as now, the driver is loaded. Even though the SPI NOR is not detected
correctly yet. I'm debugging right now...

Thanks,
Stefan