[U-Boot] ACPI in general

Timur Tabi timur at codeaurora.org
Thu Oct 6 15:01:22 CEST 2016

Bin Meng wrote:
>> >I believe that ACPI systems generally expect EFI runtime services to
>> >be present as well.  I know ours does.
> This is not true. ACPI does not require any EFI runtime services.

Please re-read my sentence.  I said "generally expect".

If you guys want to spend the man-years necessary to get ACPI and ARM
working in U-Boot, go right on ahead.  I think it's a fool's errand.  I
work on ARM Servers, so I know the pain that is ACPI.  You don't want
it.  If your system works with device tree, stick with that.  ACPI has
no value outside of ARM servers, and ARM servers already have UEFI.

--
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm
Technologies, Inc.  Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is a member of the