[U-Boot] Falcon Mode question & possibly SPL bugs

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 11:57:14 CEST 2016

I am trying to debug Falcon mode.  I have never used it on my board
(omap3_logic) before, and I am trying to configure it.  In the process
of debugging, I found what I beleive to be a bug in the
common/spl/spl.c, function spl_parse_image_header()

There is a line that I believe is supposed to print the name of the
spl image when debugging is enabled, but instead it just prints
gibberish.

debug("spl: payload image: %.*s load addr: 0x%x size: %d\n",
         (int)sizeof(spl_image->name), spl_image->name,
        spl_image->load_addr, spl_image->size);

If I replace '%.*s' with  '%d.%s' it displays the name of the image
correctly, but I am not sure why we need to display the size of a
pointer.  Maybe my thought on this are wrong, but I can submit a patch
if someone thinks it's wrong.

I was thinking it would look something like:
debug("spl: payload image: %s load addr: 0x%x size: %d\n",
        spl_image->name, spl_image->load_addr, spl_image->size);

The other question comes to the load address.

When I compile the uImage, I set the loadaddr to be 0x80008000

I run spl export on the uImage and FDT and when the SPL debugging is
enabled, it shows my load addr is 0x80007fc0.  Is this supposed to be
different?  I would have expected them to match.

adam