[U-Boot] qemu-x86 issues

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Oct 18 15:19:59 CEST 2016

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:36:41AM +0800, Bin Meng wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 7:32 AM, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > After making Stephen's scripts work with qemu today, I've started
> > testing out what platforms I can test out via qemu.  I've found two
> > problems with qemu-x86.  First, there's a real problem with the network.
> > I run qemu with "-nographic -cpu qemu32 -netdev
> > user,id=net0,tftp=/tftpboot -device e1000,netdev=net0" so that I can
> > tftpboot things in and I'm getting crc32 mismatches.
> >

> I just tried QEMU v2.6.1 with u-boot.rom built from the master head,
> but did not see such issue.

Ah, I think I see it now.  We can't use 0x0 as where to load stuff to
and the tests default to 0x0 if you don't provide an address rather than
$loadaddr.  I'll see about changing the tests.

> > Second, the sleep command is not at all accurate.  It's returning the 3
> > second test in less than 1 second.
>
> Typical emulation target issue :) Did you see similar issue on other
> QEMU platform with U-Boot?

So this one is interesting.  I see the same failure for MIPS/PPC for the
qemu targets we have as well.  I don't see this under QEMU for the ARM
targets that I'm emulating.  I suspect there's some common problem on
the U-Boot side as also don't see this on the VMs I have running under
qemu nor when I boot the kernelci rootfs from U-Boot.

--
Tom