[U-Boot] Booting a proprietary OS

Paolo De Luca Bosso paolo.delucabosso at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 09:47:22 CEST 2016

Hi!

Yes, i have a question about U-Boot.

Can i use U-Boot as bootloader for a proprietary operating system?

I want use bootm command and a bin file. In particular the Image kernel is
produced by mkimage command with following option:
- standalone
- uncompressed
- arm architecture
- U-Boot application
- with a specified load address and entry point

Then i load Image file from SD-card with ext2load command and i start it
with bootm command.

Can it be a good idea and solution?

Do you have any suggest?

Thanks in advance