[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.11-rc2 released

Masahiro Yamada yamada.masahiro at socionext.com
Fri Oct 21 03:52:16 CEST 2016

> Hey all,
>
> It's release day and v2016.11-rc2 is out.  I've tried to clean up my
> queue a bit, but I think there's still a few things I have outstanding.
> And I know I need to get some changes from Alexander for EFI stuff that
> I've already promised can come in.  But we should also be moving towards
> release.
>
> So I will be picking up some Kconfig related changes and making sure we
> have no (unexplained) binary size changes.
>
> A perhaps less obvious change between -rc1 and -rc2 is that I've added
> test.py running for qemu-ppce500, qemu-x86, vexpress_ca15_tc2,
> vexpres_ca9x5 and integratorap_cm926ejs along with qemu-mips*.
>
> I plan on doing -rc3 on the 31st.

All of my uniphier boards are broken
because the pinctrl (full) driver is broken on -rc2 release.
(perhaps, sore more boards were affected by the libfdt sync?)

Let's fix it asap with the following patches, shall we?
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/682869/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/682868/

--
Best Regards