[U-Boot] MMC boot / mvebu / clearfog

Christoph Egger christoph at christoph-egger.org
Mon Oct 24 15:47:40 CEST 2016

Hi!

Christoph Egger <christoph at christoph-egger.org> writes:
> Indeeed, the following patch fixes MMC booting for me (and most
> certainly breaks SD card booting)

It actually seems to be somewhat more difficult. It worked because I had
a old u-boot image at mmcblk0 at offset 1 block and a new u-boot at
mmcblk0boot0. (old ~ before removing the +1). I guess u-boot gets loaded
from the mmc0boot0 device (which is also where the SPL is from) and as
soon as the post-SPL u-boot tries to access it's own bytes it falls over
to mmcblk0.

I have a working setup by

  dd if=u-boot-spl.kwb of=/dev/mmcblk0boot0 bs=512
  dd if=u-boot-spl.kwb of=/dev/mmcblk0      bs=512 seek=1 skip=1

(skipping the first sector to keep the MBR alive and assuming it only
contains SPL code anyway)

  Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer