[U-Boot] FIT image for falcon boot

york sun york.sun at nxp.com
Sat Apr 1 04:49:52 UTC 2017

On 03/31/2017 09:21 PM, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi York,
>
> On 23 March 2017 at 20:06, york sun <york.sun at nxp.com> wrote:
>> Simon,
>>
>> I made it work. A patch set will be sent later (much later) after I
>> clean up and finish the project on hand.
>
> OK, sounds good!
>
> IMO some of the motivation for falcon boot is U-Boot running slowly
> with the cache off :-)

My target is to boot up Linux under 800ms. I have achieved that but with
minimum Linux drivers loaded. I don't have much time budge for U-Boot.
Falcon boot cuts U-Boot time down to ~400ms (including loading FIT
image). I have cache enabled after loading the trusted firmware (our
implementation) as soon as the DDR is ready.

York