[U-Boot] u-boot atags help

Andy Ng andreas2025 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 17:07:22 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am using u-boot 2016-07 for imx6. My linux kernel is 4.1.20. I am
using a board from Freescale SabreSD with the big screen.
The problem i noticed is that in the kernel /proc/cpuinfo   the
"Revision" and Serial " comes up with "0"

The kernel gets those values from atags, but when FDT is used it seems
that those atags dont get populated

the image i produced for the SD card comes from official Freescale
release. no changes. It seems to me that "Revision and Serial" are
broken.

If you run Imx6 latest u-boot/kernel code could you please check your
/proc/cpuinfo please? Do you see "zeros" at Revision and Serial?

Any advise will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Andy