[U-Boot] Armada 385: PEX detection pulse width

Stefan Eichenberger stefan.eichenberger at netmodule.com
Fri Apr 21 08:51:06 UTC 2017

Dear Adam,

On the mainline u-boot we found a commit which helps to fix a problem
regarding PCIe and the Armada 370:
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=6bbe0924a799d33c1a8c9de38b60a5e0251f2aea

We currently facing a similar problem with the Armada 385 and PCIe. The
problem also appears with two different Atheros chipsets one (AR9280)
gets never detected and the other one gets detected most of the time but
not always (QCA9882). With Intel modules on the other hand, we can't
reproduce the issue. It's the same behaviour as described in the commit
above, the link training fails and therefore the link is signalized as
down. If a link is successfully established (QCA9882) we don't see any
errors during communication.

Do you know if we have the same possibility on the Armada 385 to tune
the PCI Express pulse width as you proposed it for the Armada 370?
Unfortunately the PCIe Phy seems to be quite different to the one from
the Armada 370.

Best regards
Stefan