[U-Boot] [Turris Omnia] Btrfs support status?

Tomas Hlavacek tomas.hlavacek at nic.cz
Wed Apr 26 11:59:27 UTC 2017

Hi Marek!

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Marek BehĂșn <marek.behun at nic.cz> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the Turris Omnia router uses btrfs as the main filesystem, from which
> it also loads kernel and dts. We have an implementation in our internal
> u-boot
> (https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/turris/turris-omnia-uboot/tree/master/fs/btrfs).
>
> As I understand it, this code was already proposed for u-boot:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/300593/ . Is this true?

I picked these patches in the first place and I have fixed some
obvious problems in my version in Turris Omnia tree (see git log).
Please note that it is more a proof of concept, that we
(unfortunately) use. I think that it needs removing static variables,
remove predetermined constant size for many variable-sized data
structures and it needs heavy code cleanup. Or rewrite...

Tomas