[U-Boot] arm: mxs: No arch specific invalidate_icache_all available!

Michael Heimpold mhei at heimpold.de
Sat Apr 29 07:21:32 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am Montag, 24. April 2017, 20:12:55 CEST schrieb Fabio Estevam:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 8:03 AM, Stefan Wahren <stefan.wahren at i2se.com>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i tried to port our Duckbill (based on NXP i.MX28 SoC) to U-Boot
> > v2017.03 [1]. The startup works fine, except of this warning:
> >
> > No arch specific invalidate_icache_all available!
> >
> > I didn't found a MXS specific implementation of invalidate_icache_all().
> >
> > Did i miss something? Shouldn't be the other MXS boards also affected?
> >
> > [1] - https://github.com/lategoodbye/u-boot/tree/v2017.03-duckbill
>
> Looks like ARM926 needs a invalidate_icache_all available() implementation.

we could move the implementation in arch/arm/mach-at91/arm926ejs/cache.c
to a more generic place and re-use it.

However, the warning is only generated because lib/efi_loader/efi_runtime.c
calls invalidate_icache_all from efi_runtime_relocate. This is because
CONFIG_EFI_LOADER is set.

I don't know if somebody using the EFI stuff for other MXS-based boards.
For our Duckbill, I would simply force
# CONFIG_EFI_LOADER is not set
via config.

Regards,