[U-Boot] Resync NAND framework with Linux?

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Mon Aug 28 06:37:01 UTC 2017

Hello Masahiro,

Am 25.08.2017 um 13:19 schrieb Masahiro Yamada:
> Hi all.
>
> It is more than one year since the last re-sync.
> https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2016-May/256464.html
>

> Any plan for re-sync?
>

> My main motivation is to update denali.c
>
> Recently, I reworked the denali driver in Linux
> (thanks to Boris for the review!)
>
> The U-Boot variant driver does not work
> on some of my boards, so I need to fix it as well.
>
> I would be nice to import my efforts from Linux,
> but some hooks / helpers are missing in the framework.

I think a rebase with linux would be nice, but is it enough to
resync NAND only? ... or do you mean a MTD re-sync?

Also resync UBI/UBIFS with current linux version would be a nice
idea, but I have not found time for it, and nobody seems to need
it ... also I have no good testsetup yet handy for trying it fast.

So, sorry, I have no plan for doing such a rebase ...

Not an unsolvable job, but it needs time and particularly good testing.

bye,
Heiko