[U-Boot] am33xx ddr tests

Ɓukasz Majewski lukma at denx.de
Tue Aug 29 07:45:29 UTC 2017

On 08/27/2017 03:40 PM, Ryan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 chips which are 512mb each connected to the AM33xx processor.
>
> I want to check if the base address is configured for each chip in
> u-boot or kernel.

Could you be more specific here?

In u-boot (SPL + u-boot.img) the DDRs are configured.

When you boot up your CPU, the SPL is executed in SDRAM (static RAM, not
DDR). Also in SPL you have DDR initialization (@
arch/arm/mach-omap2/emif-common.c).

> If it is configured in u-boot can anyone point me to where it is configured.
>
> The problem i am facing is i dont if i need to do a
> mtest 0x8400000 0xC000000

If you want to test the DDR memory, you can do it in SPL with POST
framework.

> .
> or
>
> mtest 0x8400000 0xA000000.
> mtest 0xC000000 0xE000000

Please also be aware that u-boot relocates itself,so almost always it is
END_OF_RAM - size of u-boot (including .data, .bss sections).

> Also, is 64MB sufficient for u-boot to function. What is the least
> starting address i can give for mtest.

Is your u-boot operational?

If yes, then you can use "bdinfo" command.