[U-Boot] U-boot to Beaglebone Black Issue

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Tue Dec 5 05:09:36 UTC 2017

Hello James,

Am 04.12.2017 um 22:53 schrieb James David Eckler:
> Hi,
>

> We are trying to get Kubos-Linux up and running on our Beaglebone Black board but are having issues with making the program. We ran `make beaglebone-black_defconfig` and are getting the error:
>

> vagrant at vagrant:~/uboot$ make beaglebone-black_defconfig
> ***
> *** Can't find default configuration "arch/../configs/beaglebone-black_defconfig"!
> ***
> scripts/kconfig/Makefile:114: recipe for target 'beaglebone-black_defconfig' failed
> make[1]: *** [beaglebone-black_defconfig] Error 1
> Makefile:478: recipe for target 'beaglebone-black_defconfig' failed
> make: *** [beaglebone-black_defconfig] Error 2
>

> How do we make for the Beaglebone Black board?

In U-Boot there is no "arch/../configs/beaglebone-black_defconfig" defconfig.

Do you want to build linux or u-boot for the BeagelBoneblack?

I have an weekly tbot u-boot build for the BBB, see log from last working
version:

http://xeidos.ddns.net/tbot/id_488/tbot.txt

You may can extract infos here for how to clone/setup toolchain/compile
and install new U-Boot on the BBB.

Attention since commit :
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=6b867dabe84bae1e74e88f4af620c26cb793c4c2

you need a gcc > 6.0 for compiling U-Boot.

For compiling linux, see my weekly linux tbot test for the BBB with
the git tree from Robert Nelson for the BBB here:

http://xeidos.ddns.net/tbot/id_519/tbot.txt

(In both logs, search for "git clone" or "make", and you should find
the needed infos ...

bye,
Heiko
Phone: +49-8142-66989-52   Fax: +49-8142-66989-80   Email: hs at denx.de