[U-Boot] Add option to send files with y-modem protocol [from U-boot => to target host]

Alex Rodriges bluestream at ymail.com
Fri Dec 8 10:11:20 UTC 2017

Hi,

when a network connection is not available, U-Boot can load files via the serial port.

The U-Boot commands for loading files over the UART all have the same options.

Is it possible implement two way file transfer in xyzModem - use loady, loadb to send files from U-boot to target host?

So, by analogy with using loady to load files,

board> loady [load address] [baud rate]

we will use 'sendy'to send files:

# Sending with the y-modem protocol from U-boot to target host

sendy [offset address] [size] [baud rate]
or maybe
sendy /path/to/file/we/want/to/transfer [baud rate]

And on target host we use Minicom, TeraTerm or Hyper Terminal to receive files.
How to modify xuzModem.c, cmd_load.c for sending files?

B.Regards,
Alex