[U-Boot] [RFC] Multiple device trees in one u-boot image

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Sat Dec 9 17:51:24 UTC 2017

Hello Simon,

I have had a look why the Wandboard cannot be switched to using the driver.

We have one SPL and one u-boot.img for different boards. In function
board_init() in the board file board/wandboard/wandboard.c the actual
board is determined.

If we enable CONFIG_OF_CONTROL we can specify only one device tree in
CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE.

What is the idea for one image handling multiple devices having
different device trees?

Could we specify a list of multiple device trees and use board_init() or
board_init_spl() to select the relevant tree?

Probably in SPL we would need only a reduced tree applicable to all
Wandboards.

Best regards

Heinrich