[U-Boot] [RFC 0/5] sf: Update spi-nor framework

Goldschmidt Simon sgoldschmidt at de.pepperl-fuchs.com
Tue Dec 12 11:14:03 UTC 2017

On Tuesday 12 December 2017 11:51, Vignesh R wrote:
> [...]
> Many of the newer SPI NOR flashes such as MT35x do not support U-Boot's
> legacy way of accessing >128Mb region.
> Are you planning to submit dm-spi-nor anytime soon? If not, then IMO, at
> least patch 2/5 is worth considering for now.

I haven't tested that patch, but I assume it uses 4-byte mode instead
of the bank register? That would certainly improve the situation in
my case, too, where the flash is in 4-byte mode after soft reset and
we would have to set it back to 3-byte mode.

(https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/826919/)

Simon