[U-Boot] [EXT] Re: arm64: a37xx: add distro boot compability

Andre Heider a.heider at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 12:49:57 UTC 2017

Hi Kostya,

On 14/12/17 13:21, Kostya Porotchkin wrote:
>> While having the attention of both of you:
>> Downstream has diverged quite a bit compared to upstream, is there any
>> ongoing work to upstream the missing bits?
> [Konstantin Porotchkin] I need to understand the terminology first :-)
> The upstream is the DENX release and the downstream is Marvell's 2017.03?

Exactly ;)

>> Konstantin, since the discrepancy got pretty big I guess most users are
>> currently using a downstream release. Is there any chance to get this
>> set in there? I already got these patches against that tree if it helps.
> [Konstantin Porotchkin] If my assumption above is right, you are asking when we are planning to sync with the current mainline, right?
> Unfortunately this is out of my control. We are planning to do so as soon as we have time for it, but we got pretty busy supporting new SoC devices at this moment.

Alright, and I can see that syncing would be a rather big task.

But instead I was offering the same patches against the Marvell tree,
without the need for any syncing.

They're now in a pull request I just created on Marvell's public github:
https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/u-boot-marvell/pull/8

Thanks,
Andre