[U-Boot] SPI Slave mode Device Tree

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 18:20:36 UTC 2017

Hi Amartya,

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 8:25 AM, Amartya Shreyank (RBEI/ESD2)
<Shreyank.Amartya2 at in.bosch.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While going over device tree binding documentation I came across this:
>
> /doc/device-tree-bindins/spi/spi-bus.txt: "This binding does not describe SPI controllers in slave mode."
>
> Does this mean I cannot use device tree in case I want to configure the controller as SPI slave?
> If yes, please suggest how can I configure it as a SPI slave.
> I'm using a imx6solo based custom board.

Yes, we do not have SPI slave support in U-Boot.

drivers/spi/spi-imx.c from mainline kernel is capable of supporting
SPI slave though.

BTW, any chance of fixing the issue you pointed out last week about
the usage of an inconrrect function inside SPI imx U-Boot driver?