[U-Boot] ARM64 Allwinner Binary Size

Duncan Hare dh at synoia.com
Wed Dec 20 20:30:41 UTC 2017

 From: Jagan Teki <jagannadh.teki at gmail.com>
On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 11:22 PM, Duncan Hare <dh at synoia.com> wrote:
>> An observation: The Banana PI boards, allwinner based, I've use have a boot.scr file on the fat partition to direct booting.
>> A Suggestion: If this is widespread, the memory used by the u-boot image could be reduce by eliminating much of the
>> pre-defined boot hush scripts.

>not exactly are you trying to avoid env space to not define extra
>variable instead scripts? which board from Bpi are you using?
Jagan
We tried the B PI 2 and 3 believe.
We dropped them, because of the inability to manage over-scan. If there is documentation on this we could not find it, nor could the board manufacturer send it to us.

If u-boot is using boot.scr for a boot script, it appears nearly everything else in the environment, especially the predefined scripts, are not needed, and if there is a "size of u-boot issue", this might be a mechanism to reduce u-boot's overall size.

It was a suggestion, Not a recommendation.
 Duncan Hare

714 931 7952