[U-Boot] How to restore NVRAM on MTD partition from backup

Lukasz Majewski lukma at denx.de
Fri Dec 22 21:58:49 UTC 2017

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 13:19:58 +0000 (UTC)
"A.W.C." <bluestream at ymail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> U-Boot 2009.03 on custom board.

Nice :-)

I assume that it is not possible to move to newer one?

>How to restore NVRAM on MTD partition
> from backup use U-boot memory commands, by uploading backup over
> serial line? (kermit mode or ymodem mode) NAND flash type.

It depends on what commands do you have?

Yes, it would be best to use load command to get the data via serial
line, store it in RAM and then flash it on persistent memory.

How do you access NVRAM? (Is it really this memory - not some Parallel
NAND, SPI-NOR, OneNAND)?

If it has a custom driver ,then you may want to look for 'cp' or other
command.