[U-Boot] howto spi nand

Dr. Matthias Schöpfer Matthias.Schoepfer at i-thinx.com
Wed Feb 1 18:39:20 UTC 2017

Hi!

I have a bsp with a patched u-boot Version 1.1.4. The board has nor and
nand chip, both via spi. I have been able to access nor, but struggle
with the spi nand. I have admittedly not much experience with nand
device drivers and u-boot in that matter, but some understanding of
linux kernel. I also have a functioning linux kernel driver for the spi
nand.

My question: Since the internal structure of u-boot has changed
significantly from 1.1.4 to today, what would be the best way to
approach this. I read some mails on the mailing list from 2015 where it
was discussed to support spi nand like spi nor within sf functionality.
Can someone point to a spi nand driver implementation or tell me, what
the driver would have to look like?!

Thanks and Regards,

  Matthias

Dr.-Ing. Matthias Schöpfer  |  i-THINx GmbH  |  Software Engineer
Phone: +49 (221) 99589-332  |  Fax: +49 (221) 99589-199
Address: i-THINx GmbH  |  Butzweilerhof Allee 4  |  50829 Cologne  |  Germany
E-Mail: Matthias.Schoepfer at i-thinx.com  |  Website: www.i-thinx.com
Registered Office: Cologne  |  District court: Marburg  |  HRB 6749
Managing Director: Christian Faust

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. if you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please
notifiy the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unautohrized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

We like trees. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.