[U-Boot] distro boot on ls2085ardb

Stuart Yoder stuart.yoder at nxp.com
Wed Feb 8 22:55:41 UTC 2017

All,

The patch Alex submitted to enable distro boot on ls2085ardb sets
up a default bootcmd that looks like this:

      bootcmd=run mcinitcmd && fsl_mc lazyapply dpl 0x580700000 &&
              cp.b $kernel_start $kernel_load $kernel_size &&
              bootm $kernel_load || run distro_bootcmd

Was there any particular reason to attempt the NOR flash boot
first?  (Just backwards compatibility?)  That "cp.b" takes a full
30 seconds and seems potentially unnecessary.  I thought the board
was hung.

We want to support distro boot on all NXP LS* boards, and I'm wondering
if it's better to just make running distro_bootcmd the default, and
then fall back to NOR flash boot if distro boot fails.

      bootcmd=run mcinitcmd && fsl_mc lazyapply dpl 0x580700000 &&
              run distro_bootcmd ||
              cp.b $kernel_start $kernel_load $kernel_size &&
              bootm $kernel_load

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Stuart