[U-Boot] Simple Malloc Breaks omap3_logic

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 21:03:44 UTC 2017

Tom,

I noticed there was an update to the omap3_logic_defconfig to use Simple Malloc

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=0959649dc6d9e6a371617abd3b03630c5d4d5a72

I didn't see anything in my inbox indicating the patch, I only noticed
it because I pulled the latest from the trunk.  Unfortunately, this
patch breaks the board.

(ie. MLO doesn't load U-Boot)

See Log:

U-Boot SPL 2017.03-rc2-00008-g2ebb842-dirty (Feb 14 2017 - 14:54:59)
Trying to boot from MMC1
reading args
spl_load_image_fat_os: error reading image args, err - -1
reading u-boot.img
reading u-boot.img

(then it just hangs)

Removing this line from the defconfig returns the board to a functional state.

Is there an alternative that we can explore to give you what you need?

I am able to build with gcc version 5.4.0 , but I can help you do some
testing if you need.

adam