[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2017.03-rc3 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Feb 28 00:38:09 UTC 2017

Hey all,

It's release day and v2017.03-rc3 is out.  All in all, I'm OK with the
contents here.  It's the week after ELC, and you might have noticed I've
been more picky today about PRs than I have in the past.  During the
"Linus and Dirk show" keynote, Linus brought up, as they'd just gone
past some milestone year in the "new" release cycle model, it took them
maybe 5 years to get to the point where everyone knows what is and isn't
allowed at various points in the release cycle.  So I'm going to try and
be better, quicker.  Once -rc2 is out, the window really has closed for
"been around for a bit, stable now, missed the -rc1 cut off tho".  There
will always be another merge window, and on a rather predictable
schedule too.

Something else I want to point out now is that we have a few
architectures that have not seen a lot of activity in the last few
years, aren't functional to varying degrees and don't have a
non-bouncing maintainer address.  Between then and now, I'm going to try
one last time to contact people associated with a few architectures and
then I'm going to remove them after v2017.03 is out.

As a final note, I expect us to release v2017.03 on schedule on the 13th
of March.

Thanks all!

--
Tom