[U-Boot] Pull request: u-boot-sunxi/master

Andre Przywara andre.przywara at arm.com
Tue Feb 28 10:20:06 UTC 2017

Hi Tom,

On 27/02/17 14:56, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 07:51:38PM +0530, Jagan Teki wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> Please pull this PR.
>>
>> thanks!
>> Jagan
>>
>> The following changes since commit b24cf8540a85a9bf97975aadd6a7542f166c78a3:
>>
>>   video: mxsfb: Fix reset hang when videomode variable is not present (2017-02-22 21:47:59 +0100)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>   git://git.denx.de/u-boot-sunxi.git master
>>
>> for you to fetch changes up to 35affe7698e95c058a1f6c7eb2e1bf35f82461c9:
>>
>>   sunxi: add NanoPi NEO Air defconfig (2017-02-25 13:54:15 +0530)

>> Andre Przywara (12):
>>       sunxi: fix ACTLR.SMP assembly routine
>>       ARM: rename CONFIG_TIMER_CLK_FREQ to COUNTER_FREQUENCY
>>       fsl: ls102x: remove redundant GENERIC_TIMER_CLK
>>       sunxi: simplify ACTLR.SMP bit set #ifdef
>>       sunxi: configs: merge sun9i and sun50i SPL memory definitions
>>       sunxi: Kconfig: introduce CONFIG_SUNXI_HIGH_SRAM
>>       sunxi: provide ARMv8 mem_map for every ARM64 board
>>       SPI: SPL: sunxi: fix 64-bit build
>>       sunxi: DRAM: add Allwinner H5 support
>>       sunxi: prepare for sharing MACH_SUN8I_H3 config symbol
>>       sunxi: introduce Allwinner H5 config option
>>       sunxi: Add OrangePi PC 2 initial support
>>
>> Jelle van der Waa (1):
>>       sunxi: add NanoPi NEO Air defconfig
>
> So today is -rc3 day.  Which of the above are bug fixes, rather than new
> functionality?  Thanks!

So technically only the first patch in my series is a bug fix, maybe the
SPL SPI driver fix as well:
- sunxi: fix ACTLR.SMP assembly routine
- SPI: SPL: sunxi: fix 64-bit build

I think this was sent under the assumption that we stick with the rather
loose merge policy from the past (pulling new things in even after
-rc1). The patches have been on the list for a while, v3 was sent just
two days after the merge window closed, etc.

But I take it that we are getting stricter with this, which is something
I really welcome, because the loose policy led to scarily late merges
and thus breakages in the past.

So from my point of view I am fine with postponing this for the next
merge window, which is basically just around the corner anyway.

For Jelle's patch: I don't know if a new _defconfig (NanoPi NEO Air)
really hurts or could be accepted at this point as well.

Cheers,
Andre.