[U-Boot] am335x board i2c_probe fails from nand boot

matti kaasinen matti.kaasinen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:33:43 CET 2017

> > Would anyone have idea why spl boot fails in i2c_probe when running from
> > nand but not when running from mmc card or anything at all to check?
>
> Do you have different mux configurations for different boot modes?(Just
> wondering if mux is properly configured for i2c in nand boot)
>
> No, not that I know and can detect from the board file. In fact it looks
like mmc boot has the correct configuration.

> > My card is am335x based board with u-boot coming from u-boot-it v2016.05.
>
> Can you specify the tree? Also which config are you using and what board
> it it?

I have been using youcto/poky build system with meta-ti layer that brings
up u-boot-ti-staging.
I have patched board/ti/am335x/board.c and mux.c. I have used am335x_evm
config that I have had to patch somewhat to suit my board.
Board resembles somewhat am335x_evm but it does not have configuration
eeprom, has different ddr3 chips. Also, it has different PMIC (same as
beaglebone). Therefore I need to patch guite a lot. One reason why I2C
configuration is wrong in nand mode could be the fact that I have
CONFIG_TI_I2C_BOARD_DETECT variable is undefined (because I do not have
that eeprom). But it looks that do_board_detect runs enable_i2c0_pin_mux()
that I do not run separately. On the other hand, that does not explain why
mmc boot works.