[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Xilinx changes

Masahiro Yamada yamada.masahiro at socionext.com
Thu Jan 12 08:13:52 CET 2017

> On 11.1.2017 17:28, Tom Rini wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 09:59:29AM +0100, Michal Simek wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tom,
>>>
>>> here are changes I have collected. Travis is not reporting any issue.
>>> I have also started to use signed tags to be clear what to take.
>>
>> Ah, signed tags.  How much more work is that on your end?
>
> Almost nothing just git tag -s and write some stuff. arm-soc starts to
> use that long time ago that's why when you setup it once there is not an
> issue. Maybe good time to consider to move to the same model.

Interesting.

Maybe, will we have a key signing party in the next U-Boot mini summit?
The GPG certificate can be checked only when we have the chain of trust.

More more difference for pulling a tag commit is that
git always creates a merge commit
even if the pull-request is sitting on the top of the upstream tree.

--
Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada