[U-Boot] Using 'gitdm' to generate U-Boot release statistics

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 13 13:04:49 CET 2017

Hi all,

people have repeatedly asked me how I generate the U-Boot release
statistics, or if they can use the tools to generate similar data for
other projects, etc.

To avoid such requests in the future and to make the information
easier available and the whole process more transparent, I decided to
move my so far local git repository to our public git server, see [1].

The configuration used for the U-Boot statistics is in the "u-boot"
branch.

Please note that I re-sync from time to time against Jonathan Corbet's
original gitdm repository, and then I usually rebase "u-boot" against
the new master (keeping a copy of the old branch, for example as in
the "u-boot-2016-11-22" branch).

To generate the release statistics for U-Boot I use a command like
this:

	-> cd ~/git/gitdm
	-> ( cd /home/git/u-boot ; git log -p -M v2016.11..v2017.01 ) | \
	./gitdm -u -s -a -o /tmp/results -h /tmp/results.html

Hope this helps.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a
past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with  a
different reality system.