[U-Boot] Enabling Watchdog Service on Variscite VAR-SOM-MX6 Solo

Brendan Ta brendan.ta at jacques.com.au
Mon Jan 16 06:53:06 CET 2017

Hello,

I am looking to enable the Watchdog Timer on my Freescale iMX6 board and
I am following the documentation supplied by NXP which states as follows:

---
The following sequence should be performed for WDOG initialization.
• PDE bit of Watchdog Miscellaneous Control Register (WDOG_WMCR) should
be cleared to disable the power down counter.
• WT field of Watchdog Control Register (WDOG_WCR) should be programmed
for sufficient timeout value.
• WDOG should be enabled by setting WDE bit of Watchdog Control Register
(WDOG_WCR) so that the timeout counter loads the WT field value of
Watchdog Control Register (WDOG_WCR) and starts counting
---

I've noticed that in /drivers/watchdog/imx_watchdog.c there is no
support for the WDOG_WMCR.

Is there another way to initialise and enable the Watchdog Timer on an
iMX board?  I am new to this and just following the reference manual as
supplied by NXP
(http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/reference-manuals/IMX6SDLRM.pdf)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,