[U-Boot] Start watchdog from uboot

Haris Papadopoulos haris at amberbox.com
Wed Jan 18 17:56:06 CET 2017

Hi,

I am using nxp im6ul and I am facing an issue with the watchdog described
here:

https://community.nxp.com/message/868361

If I enable the watchdog using the WCR_WDE flag, then the watchdog cannot
be stopped later by kicking it with writing anything to /dev/watchdog from
rootfs.

Therefore, I think that the only way of starting the watchdog would be to
write V to /dev/watchdog from uboot. So if starting the rootfs fails, then
the system restarts and uboot is responsible to fix the rootfs.

The question is, how can I write a V to /dev/watchdog from uboot? Or how
can I start the watchdog from uboot in a similar way?

Thanks

--
Haris