[U-Boot] U-Boot IPv6 state

Joe Hershberger joe.hershberger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 22:44:41 CET 2017

Hi Chris,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Chris Packham <judge.packham at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/01/2017 5:56 AM, "Luka Kovačič" <luka.kovacica at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> My name is Luka Kovačič and I am just getting interest to U-Boot. I was
> really confused, because IPv6 is all over U-Boot on the mailing lists, but
> it actually isn't available in the mainline tree. What is the current state
> of it? Does it work?
> Kind regards,
> Luka
>

> Wow 2 inquiries in 2 days. Something is going on in the ether.

Glad to see activity on this again. I too would like to see it in the mainline.

> The last series that was posted is functional but now a little out of date
> w.r.t. other u-boot changes. I've also got a github repo with the changes
> applied https://github.com/cpackham/u-boot/tree/ipv6
>
> Tom has applied 2 of the trivial clean up patches so I plan to rebase the
> series on top of that soon. After that I'll update to use kconfig. Then
> I'll finally get round to doing what Joe actually asked for and see about
> adding some tests. I could use some help with that last bit.

Cool. I agree that unit tests are gonna be critical for keeping it
functional since at least for now it's not likely to see a ton of use
immediately. Also just really good practice.

Another thing I'd like to see happen is a Travis CI test.

Cheers,
-Joe