[U-Boot] U-Boot 2017-01 "-ansi" issue with cygwin 2.6.1

Raph31 rtillet at free.fr
Mon Jan 23 09:15:56 CET 2017

Hello all,

I'm trying to compile U-boot 2017.01 (Release) Under Cygwin 2.6.1 for  a
BeagleBoneBlack target.

I was facing the issue with a lot of error about the "inline" keyword. This
keyword is not supported with the "-ansi" option. After removing this option
in the makefile, the compile is successful.

It seems that this is a known error since more than 3-4 years. The question
is : Why the "-ansi" option is still part of the Makefile for a Cygwin
environment?

Thanks for your answer. If I am on the wrong way, let me know, I will really
appreciate.

Raphaël.