[U-Boot] binman: 'module' object has no attribute 'FinaliseOutputDir'

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Fri Jun 2 18:00:57 UTC 2017

Hi Kevin,

On 1 June 2017 at 17:08, Kevin Hilman <khilman at baylibre.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 8:23 AM, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
> > Hi Kevin,

> >> $ python
> >> Python 2.7.12 (default, Nov 19 2016, 06:48:10)
> >> [GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux2
> >> Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
> >>>>>

> >> and fwiw, this is on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
> >
> > That's what I am using too. This is really mystifying. Are you able to
> > debug the python code?
>
> If you give me some pointers/suggestions, I'd be glad to, but I don't
> currently have much time to go wandering too deep into the uboot
> weeds.

My guess is that you have a tools.py file somewhere in your Python
site_packages. You should be able to test this with:

python
> import tools

Perhaps 'dpkg -S tools.py' will tell you what package installed it.

If you don't get an error then it suggests you already have this
package. That in turn would suggest that the fix is that the path
should be prepended instead of appended at the top of binman.py.

Regards,
Simon