[U-Boot] DNS Lookup in UBoot

Duncan Hare dh at synoia.com
Tue Jun 6 01:01:41 UTC 2017

U-boot support DHCP, however beyond the initial set of results returned, many are optional, and even misused.

Microsoft's DHCP server appears to have a limited mechanism to set DHCP responses.

Because u-boot runs on "smart" devices and has a scripting language (a brilliant one if I may so so)

Can we get a DNS lookup command to resolved names after the initial DHCP IP address setup.

This is to get a flexible mechanism to set a bootserver address, consistent for Uboot across DHCP implementations. Duncan Hare

714 931 7952