[U-Boot] [U-Boot, v2, 4/4] arm: am33xx: Add support for mulitiple PLL input frequencies

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Mon Jun 12 04:19:15 UTC 2017

Hello Robert,

Am 09.06.2017 um 22:00 schrieb Tom Rini:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 02:45:32PM -0500, Robert Nelson wrote:
>>> Ah, the problem with BBB is that it wants to boot from eMMC, not SD,
>>> unless the button is pressed.  It's possible, and I'd have to look at
>>> the TRM and maybe the schematic, to see about changing the order, or
>>> being able to remote boot it with a blank eMMC.
>>
>> The button is routed to the expansion header..
>>
>> I've got a few hot-wired..
>>
>> GND: P8_43
>
> Ah, so if I wire P8_43 to ground, the button will always be pressed?
> Neat, I need to go try that..

So I can switch between eMMC and SD card bootmode if I connect a relais?

That would be great. So I can in case I see a problem switch to other
bootmode and can automate git bisect. Also it would be possible to
verify both bootmodes.

I have to wait to try this, until Wolfgang is back from vacation, as I
have no physical access to the bbb.

Thanks for this hint!

bye,
Heiko