[U-Boot] [beagleboard-gsoc] Re: am335x_evm_usbspl_defconfig testint

Michael Welling mwelling at ieee.org
Tue Jun 13 15:59:21 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:07:10AM +0530, 'Vignesh R' via BeagleBoard GSoC wrote:

> On Monday 12 June 2017 10:12 PM, Jason Kridner wrote:
>
> > I see you submitted this defconfig:
> > https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2016-November/272425.html
> >
> > I have a Google Summer of Code student intern attempting to use it and he's
> > seeing it hang without entering UMS mode. Details are below.
> >
> > Can you give any advice on how you tested this?
>
> Could you try this patch that I posted sometime back:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/748877/

Were you able to get this to compile and fit in the SRAM?

With the latest U-Boot and your patch I get the following on compile:
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: u-boot-spl section `.rodata' will not fit in region `.sram'
arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: region `.sram' overflowed by 9928 bytes
scripts/Makefile.spl:333: recipe for target 'spl/u-boot-spl' failed
make[1]: *** [spl/u-boot-spl] Error 1
Makefile:1382: recipe for target 'spl/u-boot-spl' failed
make: *** [spl/u-boot-spl] Error 2

I had to remove some of the other features to get it to fit in SRAM.

Here is the patch that I sent yesterday:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/774899/