[U-Boot] [v2] arm64: mvebu: use single defconfig for Armada8K development boards

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Jun 16 06:49:02 UTC 2017

Hi Igal,

On 13.06.2017 09:35, igall at marvell.com wrote:
> From: Igal Liberman <igall at marvell.com>
>
> Currently, Marvell Armada8k development board use 3 different
> defconfigs:
>          mvebu_db-88f7040-nand_defconfig
>          mvebu_db-88f7040_defconfig
>          mvebu_db-88f8040_defconfig
> Having 3 different defconfigs makes maintenance difficult.
>
> This patch removes the defconfigs mentioned above and introduce
> a new defconfig which represents the Armada8k family.
>
> NOTE:
> In order not to break automatic tools compilation,
> a default device-tree is set in the defconfig (armada-8040-db).
> However, when compiling u-boot, the user MUST explicitly export
> the DEVICE_TREE for the requested board because using A80x0
> device-tree on A70x0 might break the device.

Using the full blown a8040-db version which might even break a
A7k board does not seem to be a good choice for my taste.
I'm wondering if it doesn't make more sense to use a different
DTS file instead as a "lowest common denominator" for this
default DTS. Either a A70x0 file or perhaps even add a very
small new one, with only serial support?

Thanks,
Stefan