[U-Boot] x86 build is broken with GCC 7

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 20:17:50 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 7:47 AM Otavio Salvador <
otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 09:53:37AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> >
> >> Hello folks,
> >>
> >> Testing with current compiler exposed an error:
> >>
> >> arch/x86/lib/built-in.o: In function `__wrap___udivdi3':
> >> /home/otavio/src/u-boot/arch/x86/lib/gcc.c:25: undefined reference to
> >> `__normal___udivdi3'
> >>
> >> Is it a known issue?

These functions come from libgcc so it seems you are not having libgcc
specified or its missing completely sometimes it depends on compiler
versions code generation whether it will generate calls to helpers from
libgcc or not
Important question is if uboot links with libgcc or not if it doesn't then
you have to rewrite the code so that it doesn't generate the calls to this
helper function or have it implemented in uboot code