[U-Boot] question regarding the odroidc2 board support

daggs daggs at gmx.com
Wed Jun 28 08:44:17 UTC 2017

Greetings Lukasz,

> Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 4:12 PM
> From: "Lukasz Majewski" <lukma at denx.de>
> To: daggs <daggs at gmx.com>
> Cc: u-boot at lists.denx.de
> Subject: Re: [U-Boot] question regarding the odroidc2 board support
>
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 13:58:46 +0200
> daggs <daggs at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > Greetings Lukasz
> >
> > > Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 10:57 AM
> > > From: "Lukasz Majewski" <lukma at denx.de>
> > > To: daggs <daggs at gmx.com>
> > > Cc: u-boot at lists.denx.de
> > > Subject: Re: [U-Boot] question regarding the odroidc2 board support

> > > From the spec I do see that C2 has SD card and eMMC.
> > >
> > > I can only share my experience with Odroid XU3/U3.
> > >
> > > The boot process would (probably) require some signed blobs from
> > > hardkernel (those binaries are corresponding to u-boot-spl.bin).
> > >
> > > I can recommend looking to Hardkernel forum (they should have some
> > > topics dedicated for this SoM), or look for tizen.org wiki:
> > >
> > > https://wiki.tizen.org/Quick_guide_for_odroidxu3
> > >
> > > I hope, that the boot flow is similar for XU3 and C2.

> > > Best regards,
> > >
> > > Lukasz Majewski
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang
> > > Denk HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell,
> > > Germany Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email:
> > > wd at denx.de
> > >

> > indeed that is correct, the c2 has a singed binary.
> > as said in my mail, I'm using buildroot to create my images, at the
> > end buildroot takes the file u-boot.bin and burn it into the image at
> > a specific location. the c2 readme explains how to extract the signed
> > blob but I'd expect that it will overwrite part of the u-boot.bin
> > file and no replace it. so I assume I'm missing a part. e.g.
> > u-boot.bin isn't the only file needed from u-boot. am I correct?
>
> I can only speak by having some experience with Odroid XU3.
>
> XU3 had bl1.bin.hardkernel, which was signed (and this corresponds to
> u-boot's SPL binary).
>
> This bl1 called "normal" u-boot (u-boot.bin).
>
> And afterwards u-boot was calling uImage + DTB.
>
> There was also problem with the eMMC layout - you had to jump somewhere
> else since the default "partition" for u-boot (512 KiB) was too small.
>
> Also please pay a note if you need any TZW (trust zone) firmware for
> your platform.
>
> Have you found any info on hardkerne's wiki/forum?
>

> > Thanks.
> >
> > Dagg.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Lukasz Majewski

yes, I did asked a question regarding this but didn't got any answer.
I've decided to ask the uboot devs as from what I understand, the hardkernel guys must comply with uboot's guidelines.

so my question is, does u-boot.bin is the only product from u-boot which is added into the image?

Thanks,

Dagg.

Dagg.