[U-Boot] [U-boot] Question about bootp structure pack

Eric BOUXIROT rickou at rickou.net
Fri Mar 3 06:45:56 UTC 2017

Hi Lukasz,

>> I’m using u-boot-2015.07 in one of my project based on vpac270 soc
>> module.
>>
>> u-boot is well configured and build is fine without error.
>>
>> Gcc is v3.4.5 and glibc v2.3.6 built by crosstool 0.43 for
>> arm-softfloat-linux-gnu
>
> Could you try to use newer gcc and see if bootp is working as expected?

ok, i will test this, but i think the "normal" build is to NOT pack
theses structs..
and it would be "normal" to get theses alignment gaps inside frame ...

i haven't found in Makefile any options to pack the structs.

have you an explanation about this?? may i miss something in the build
process of uboot...

will let you know soon about testing with another compiler. (have
gcc4.9-linaro toolchain too)

thank !
Eric BOUXIROT