[U-Boot] arm: cache: misaligned operation with fastboot

Gary Bisson gary.bisson at boundarydevices.com
Fri Mar 3 17:27:59 UTC 2017

Hi Steve,

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 12:03 AM, Steve Rae <steve.rae at raedomain.com> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 3:12 AM, Lukasz Majewski <lukma at denx.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > Hi Fabio, Lukasz,

> <snip>
> yes -- I have seen these warning messages when flashing a "sparse" image....
> - they don't seem to cause any issues,

True, the flashing process is successful. But avoiding those warnings
would provide a better user experience. We've had customers asking for
it since to them it looks like something isn't copied properly.

> - I haven't had time to investigate yet....

Well the whole image is downloaded to an aligned address which is
fine. But then the header is skipped which gives a non-aligned data
address for the write command:
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=common/image-sparse.c;hb=HEAD#l153

Here is the backtrace when that happens (not sure if it helps):
http://pastebin.com/Qun8uMXq

Not sure what would be the proper way to fix, copy the buffer to align
it seems inefficient.

Regards,
Gary