[U-Boot] rockchip breakage with "spl: Remove overwrite of relocated malloc limit"

Heiko Stübner heiko at sntech.de
Tue Mar 7 00:42:32 UTC 2017

Hi,

I just realized patch b3d2861eb20a ("spl: Remove overwrite of relocated malloc
limit") introduces breakage in my rk3188 uboot code (and should most likely
also affect the very similar other rockchip spl boards).

The boards call spl_init in their board_init_f functions because they need the
spl infrastructure to find and bringup the devicetree stuff and things like
pinctrl and ram.

With the recent change mentioned above, spl_init fails with
	spl_init() failed: -12
because
	dm_init_and_scan() returned error -12
because
	dm_init() failed: -12
because
	Missing uclass for driver root_driver
because
	uclass_add calls calloc, which fails with the -ENOMEM (-12)

I still lack uboot experience to see the correct way forward. Reverting that
patch of course makes my board start uboot again [and most likely the other
Rockchip SPLs as well], but there is possibly some better solution
[Or there is simply something very wrong with my rk3188 stuff :-) ].

Heiko