[U-Boot] linking rockchip-linux/u-boot.git with binutils-2.28

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 08:43:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 8:22 AM, Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed 2017-03-08 @ 02:39:00 AM, Trevor Woerner wrote:
>> It appears as though linking u-boot with binutils-2.28 fails:
>>
>>       arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: u-boot: Not enough room for program headers, try linking with -N
>
> ...and as it turns out linking with -N succeeds! Who knew? The help message
> was actually helpful! :-D

I'm glad this wasn't just me seeing this. I have seen breakage with
this too but hadn't had time to investigate this further than just
realising it was the new binutils.

Simon is adding -N the proper fix? Might be useful to get a fix into
2017.03 GA as I'm sure in the coming weeks the new binutils will start
to land more widely in various distros.

Peter